Bovine Cells & Media
Bovine endothelial cells are an economical alternative suitable for the studies of endothelial function and endothelial metabolism, especially in co-culture of species-matched bovine arterial smooth muscle cells. Bovine large artery endothelial cells are derived from the arteries of USDA-inspected cattle. These cells play critical roles in cardiac homeostasis. Changes in structure and function of endothelial cells have been linked to vascular diseases such as thrombosis, atherosclerosis, and hypertension.
Bovine smooth muscle cells are an economical alternative suitable for investigations in cardiac disease and arteriosclerosis, especially in co-culture with species-matched bovine arterial endothelial cells. Proliferation of the smooth muscle cells is considered a key event in the development of advanced lesions.
• Each lot functionally characterized
• Complete kits or cells only
• Corresponding media available
• Each lot tested negative for mycoplasma, bacteria, yeast, and fungi
• Specified population doublings guaranteed for each cell type with Genlantis media and reagents